About the camp
Memory, Minesweeper and Snake. This online camp will introduce you to React.js through all your favourite nostalgic games. Between coding lectures and mentors guiding you through your programming tasks, the camp offers morning yoga, dancing classes, cook-alongs and lots of activities to get to know each other while learning to code nostalgic games.
The pace of the course is intensive - the goal is to learn and program a whole lot - about 5 hours a day. We will fill your schedule from morning till evening, when you’re not programming you will be taking part in inspirational and fun activities. Our goal is to bring fun to programming and help you get to know your fellow female developers. Who knows, maybe you will be future colleagues?
Expected learning outcomes
- How to build a website from scratch
- How to build small, but fun interactive games from scratch
- How to structure your code into React components
- How to use props and state in React
- Basic versioning of code using git and GitHub
- Hosting your site on GitHub pages
What else will we do? Get to know each other games, yoga, dancing, cook-along, inspirational talks, online games